The NEC have the following measures in place to help keep you safe so you can have an enjoyable event experience and a great day out. For more information about protecting yourself before, during and after the Show visit the NEC website
Face coverings are no longer mandatory, however the Show will be a mask friendly space and it is your decision on whether or not you chose to wear one.
No matter where you are in the venue, you’ll always be able to keep your hands clean. Sanitising stations are located beside the cloakrooms, toilets, catering outlets, hall entrances, at each exit door within the event halls and across our public spaces. Please remember to use these and wash your hands frequently during your visit. We would recommend bringing your own hands sanitiser.
To minimise contact points when in the venue, you can use the cashless options for payment at all food and drink outlets and even pre-order your refreshments via an app.
Keeping you Safe
The NEC provide the optimum amount of fresh air across the venue to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission. This includes a recent, full recommission of their mechanical ventilation equipment and the upgrade of the filtration to ensure clean and safe air is circulated throughout the NEC. All areas are also being supplemented with natural ventilation through the opening of doors and windows as necessary. The NEC have also been doing the following:
- Deep clean by the venue prior to commencing build up
- An overnight clean of enclosed spaces
- Enhanced cleaning regime during Show open periods with extra attention given to high frequency touch points such as toilets, handles and handrails
NHS COVID Pass
To keep you safe, the NEC have implemented COVID-19 safety checks at entry points. When visiting, you will be asked to show proof of your COVID-19 status. Please come prepared with one of the following:
- Proof of double vaccination via the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App (NB This is different to the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app). It is advised individuals apply no later than 48 hours before attending their event to allow for the application to be processed in time. Click here for help with the app
- Proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
- A negative Lateral flow or PCR test result text or e-mail, received within 48 hours prior to attending the event. Click here to order your lateral flow test
- If you would prefer not to use the app or do not have a smartphone you can obtain a NHS COVID Pass letter (proving vaccination status only) by calling 119 or visiting the NHS website. Click here for more information
- EU Digital or paper COVID Certificate. International visitors can show their equivalent COVID Pass from their country of origin.
- Medical exemption certificate
Children under 18 do not have to demonstrate their COVID-19 status for entry to domestic events or venues in England. Children aged 16 or over can get an NHS COVID Pass for travel but should follow the entry requirements of the country they are travelling to.
The exhibitor manual will include details on how we advise our exhibitors to execute an enhanced safety and cleaning regime
Things to consider
Whilst there are no restrictions in place, we recommend you think about the following before planning your stand layout:
- how visitors feel when entering the stand
- how your staff feel manning the stand
- providing hand sanitiser on your stand
PassesInformation about pass allocation and how to apply, will be available via the exhibitor manual
Information provided by the NEC and is correct as of 06/10/21 and is subject to change in line with Government and Industry Guidelines. Click here for further information